About HFE Consulting
Our Litigation Support:
HFE Consulting provides professional forensic human factors consulting. Our specialties in forensic human factors consulting are analyzing the perceptual, decision-making, and behavioral issues involved in injury incidents, such as:
How we help.
In our forensics human factors consulting, we address questions such as:
- Did he slip because the hazard was hard to see?
- Why didn’t the driver see the pedestrian?
- Was the warning light on the equipment instrument panel conspicuous?
- Should the consumer have seen the warning?
You can see example cases by clicking on the following:
- Reaction time
- Typical patterns of gaze and locomotion
What we do.
- Consulting on human factors issues
- Analyzing facts of the case from a scientific perspective
- Reviewing existing scientific and technical research
- Researching codes and standards
- Providing assistance with interrogatories and questions for opposing experts
- Conducting new research and investigations
- Conducting on-site inspections
- Evaluating deposition transcripts and other documents
- Preparing declarations and reports
- Providing expert opinions at deposition and trial
About Our Principal Consultant: Kenneth Nemire, Ph.D., CPE
Dr. Kenneth Nemire earned his B.Sc. in Psychobiology, his Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology, and is a Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE, Certificant, Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics). He also is certified for using the English XL Variable Incidence Tribometer to measure slip resistance.
Dr. Nemire has conducted basic and applied research in perception and human factors for over 20 years. Dr. Nemire has conducted human factors research in the public and private sectors. He has conducted research for federal agencies that include Department of Defense, NASA, and National Science Foundation, and for corporations that include Apple Computer, Hewlett-Packard, and Sun Microsystems. He has written over 50 journal articles and technical reports. He is a member of ACM, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, National Safety Council, and Usability Professionals’ Association.
Dr. Nemire has provided forensic human factors consulting in personal injury cases related to vehicular accidents, falls, warnings, and workplace accidents for over 18 years.
• He has worked with attorneys throughout the United States
• He has been retained by attorneys for both the plaintiff (60-70%) and the defense (30-40%)
• He provides independent analyses and renders expert opinions based on scientific data
• He analyzes both environmental conditions and personal behavior to determine causation
• He will only take cases that can be supported by the human factors data
• He has been qualified as an expert in state courts
• He is skilled in effectively explaining scientic and technical data in reports and testimony
Curriculum vitæ and fee schedule are available to attorneys and insurance companies upon request.